Management and Commerce is the study of the theory and practice of planning, directing, organising, motivating and co-ordinating the human and material resources of private and public organisations and institutions.
The theoretical content of the Management and Commerce field includes:
- Management and administration
- Human and material resources management
- Sales and marketing
- Finance and financial management
- Human behaviour and time management.
The main purpose of this field of education is to develop an understanding of the theory and practice of decision making and policy formation, organisational development, planning, financial management and the marketing and selling of goods and services.
This study area comprises the following fields of work:
- Business and Management
- Sales and Marketing
- Office Studies
- Banking, Finance and Related Fields
- Other Management and Commerce.