Natural and Physical Sciences is the study of all living organisms and inanimate natural objects, through experiment, observation and deduction.
The theoretical content of Natural and Physical Science field includes:
- Atmospheric sciences
- Biological processes
- Chemical reactions
- Geological composition and structures
- Laboratory methodology
- Mathematical and statistical techniques
- Observation and measurement
- Scientific method
- Subatomic particles and quantum mechanics
- Thermodynamics and entropy.
The main purpose of this field of education is to develop an understanding of the workings of the universe, and to extend the body of scientific knowledge.
This study area comprises the following fields of work:
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physics and Astronomy
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Other Natural and Physical Sciences.